Your Legal Rights at Work

Is Your Ex Partner Saying You Abused Them? How To Uncover The Lie And Get Defense

by Lewis Hamilton

If you got into an argument with your significant other and you did not hurt them in any way, but you held them back from hurting you, and they now want to press charges and twist the story, you want to call a lawyer. If you know that they are trying to say that you physically assaulted them and that you harmed them but there were no injuries or malicious intent, you want a criminal defense attorney working on your case right away. Here are some of the things that can be useful in the case.

Video Evidence

 If you live in an apartment, you may be able to find video evidence when they were walking out that shows that they weren't injured, or if you have any type of surveillance at your house it could be similar. If they work a job and showed up the next day and there were no injuries, this could also help the case. Think of the different places where they could have been seen on camera after the incident.

Communication Evidence

If they communicated with you at any time after the alleged incident and they didn't respond or show that they were mad, or if they were apologizing or trying to initiate romance, this can show that maybe they weren't mad at the time, and maybe you didn't hurt them. Someone who was just hurt by another shouldn't want to initiate contact or be friendly. This could include text messages, emails, voicemails, or other forms of writing.

Witness or Character Statements

If there are people that saw the person who claimed to have injuries and they will testify that they didn't see anything out of the ordinary with the person, this is helpful. Character statements where others will testify that the person who was allegedly injured makes up stories, isn't honest, or has mental health issues could also be very helpful for the case.

There are a lot of different reasons why the person may decide that they want to make up a story and try to hurt you, but you don't want to have criminal charges on your record because of something that isn't true. Instead, you want to find a lawyer to help fight your case right away. Talk with the legal professional to find out what you can do, and what needs to be done to start working on your defense.