9 October 2015
The settlement process can be time-consuming and exhausting. One way to get through the process is to know what to expect. To better help you understand the process so that you can properly prepare for negotiations, here is what you need to know about settlements. What Is the Average Settlement Amount? Contrary to popular belief, there is no average amount for a settlement. Each case is different and there are various factors that are used to determine how each case is valued.
21 September 2015
When your small business is finally able to take on employees, you may not realize that you need to keep some things in mind to legally protect yourself and your business. Keep the following things in mind when you hire and manage new employees. Avoid Illegal Questions When you are interviewing people for different positions, you will want to know some things about them and whether they would fit in at your company.
1 September 2015
If you have decided that you are ready to file a claim for social security disability, you may want to consider getting a little help. This is best done by hiring a social security disability lawyer. Sure, you will have to pay a fee should you win your case, but many people find that the benefits of having someone with legal expertise on their side to far outweigh the cost. Take a moment to review the following reasons why hiring a social security disability lawyer may be the best move you make.
12 August 2015
Taking a trip north of the U.S. border can be exciting. Unfortunately, many people soon realize that crimes they have been convicted of in the United States could prevent them from legally entering Canada on vacation. If you are planning to visit Canada in the near future, but you are worried that your criminal record could stand in the way, it can be beneficial to retain the services of an immigration attorney.
29 July 2015
In the period of 2001 to 2010, an average of 28 percent of all the applications for Social Security disability benefits were accepted. Unfortunately for the remaining 72 percent who were denied, only an average of three percent of those who file for an appeal were actually approved. To help increase the odds that you are among those who receive benefits, it is important to understand why your application was denied and what you can do to change the outcome.
15 July 2015
If you are getting ready to enter into your second marriage, it's important for you to realize that 67% of second marriages fail. The rates for third marriages are even higher than this, but why? While you may end up with an extremely successful second or third marriage, it's important to understand the causes of most divorces in second marriages. By knowing these, you might be able to prevent a divorce after you tie the knot.
26 June 2015
If you have been accused and arrested for a DWI, you will be potentially facing some major penalties if convicted. The consequences are far more than only having your license suspended, because you could receive jail time or large fines as well. When you find yourself being accused of a DWI, you should hire a legal team that can help you with one of the following defenses. You Were Not Driving The Vehicle
12 June 2015
If you have been injured due to another person's negligence, you may have already retained an attorney to protect your rights. There is always hope that the opposing side will offer you a fair settlement for your injuries, but, at some point, going to court may become inevitable. At this stage in the process of your claim, the stakes are much higher. Your lawyer is no doubt ready and quite able to represent you in court, but you will need to take a major part in the trial as well.
29 May 2015
If you are planning on filing for bankruptcy under Chapter 7 laws, there are some things that you shouldn't do to help your filing go through smoothly. Some of these things could be done accidentally, and may cause a creditor to challenge your bankruptcy. Be sure not to make these 3 mistakes. Transferring Property or Money A common mistake is thinking that transferring assets to someone else's name will help protect those assets during a bankruptcy filing.
13 May 2015
Auto accidents involving pedestrians are not as common as accidents that involve two vehicles, but they still occur far too frequently. Pedestrian-related accidents often result in serious injuries to the pedestrian, so legal actions sometimes arise from these unfortunate events. This article takes a closer look at some of the legal issues surrounding mishaps between vehicles and individuals on foot. At Fault Laws generally demand that drivers must be extra careful in order to avoid striking a pedestrian.